Bountable is a funding platform for debates, conversations and talks of public interest. Our mission is to spur healthy debates and conversations to make better ideas for a better world.
Below are our Terms of Service, which will change over time as we experiment with governance and economic incentives between Sponsors, Debaters, and the community that uses and supports Bountable. This may evolve over time, as we experiment.
We may change these terms. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes by notifying you on the Site. We will post the revised Terms on the Bountable Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms.
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a binding legal agreement between you and Bountable, Inc. that govern your use of the websites, applications, and other offerings from Bountable, Inc. When used in these Terms, “Bountable,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to Bountable, Inc.
Bountable offers an online venue that enables users (“Members”) to publish, offer, search for, and create bounties for talks, conversations, and debates (hereinafter “Debates”). Members who offer bounties for Debates are “Sponsors” and Members who accept bounties to perform Debates are “Debaters.” Bountable does not employ or control Debaters and Sponsors. Bountable is not acting as an agent in any capacity for any Member.
I. HOW BOUNTABLE WORKS
Sponsors post bounties for Debates, specifying the Bounty Terms (e.g., the Debaters, debate question, duration, and expiration of the offer.) Any Member may join a bounty as a Sponsor to up the bounty value before expiration.
Debaters who accept the Bounty Terms have two weeks to fulfill the Bounty Terms, unless otherwise specified. (All specified Debaters need to accept the Bounty Terms in order for the Debate to proceed.)
Bountable coordinates the Debate recording for the specified duration, but does not coach, influence, or interfere with the Debate. Debaters owe their Sponsors a high standard of effort, honest communication, and commitment to debating earnestly with civility. Debaters are rewarded their bounty once the Debate is recorded and published on Bountable.
II. SPONSOR TERMS
1. Creating a Bounty. You can create Bounty by identifying the twitter usernames of the desired Debaters and specifying the Debate Terms provided by Bountable. These terms will change as we experiment with the Platform.
2. Setting a Bounty. When you set a Bounty, you provide payment information and agree to pay your bounty when the Bounty Terms are fulfilled by the Debaters. When the Debaters accept your Debate Terms, you receive the bounty confirmation, a contract for a Debate is formed directly between you and the Debaters. Any other rules or requirements identified in the Bounty Listing or during checkout form part of your contract with the Debaters. If the Debate is not performed by Debateres or the terms unfulfilled within the time frame specified, the Bounty is cancelled and you are either not charged, or are refunded any amounts charged less transaction fees from third-party payment providers (or gas fees if your bounty was paid in a cryptocurrency).
3. Cancellations and Bounty Modifications. Sponsors can decrease or cancel their bounty at any time before the acceptance deadline to Debaters, unless one Debater has already accepted the Debate Terms. Sponsors can always increase their bounty before the acceptance deadline.
4. Payments. Bountable will collect the exact amount sponsored and no more. In some cases (e.g., large bounties), Bountable and its payment partners may authorize or reserve a charge on your credit card (or whatever payment method you use) for any amount up to the full sponsorship, at any time between the sponsorship and the collection of funds. If a Sponsor’s payment method is declined, Sponsor agrees to take all steps to provide an alternative payment method to fulfill the Bounty.
5. Your Responsibilities.You are responsible and liable for your own acts and omissions. You must act with integrity, treat others with respect, and comply with applicable laws at all times.
6. Assumption of Risk. You assume the risk that debates are not performed to your satisfaction. Bountable does not offer refunds for unsatisfactory debates. You accept that debate quality and outcomes cannot be predicted in advance and will vary. There may be changes, delays, pauses, moments of silence, poor quality in audio or video. Debaters may evade answering the debate question. Debaters may feel they have answered the question within the first five minutes and then move onto another topic. Bountable does not judge the quality of the debates, is not responsible for the debate outcomes, and does not guarantee a Debater’s performance or work. Debaters are solely responsible for engaging the debate question in good faith and to the best of their abilities. Debaters who do not debate in good faith risk not receiving future bounties from Sponsors. You waive your right to pursue legal action against Debaters or Bountable for Debater’s failure to perform satisfactorily or for debate quality. In addition, in the event a debate is unpublished or edited to comply with our Terms or for any reason, you waive your right to recoup bounty payments made or disbursed to Debaters.
7. General Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge that many activities carry inherent risks and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you assume the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of Bountable and any Content (as defined in Section 10), including any other interaction you have with other Members whether in person or online.
III. DEBATER TERMS
1. Debating on Bountable As a Debater. Bountable offers you the opportunity to earn money debating. You are in control of who you debate, what you debate, and for what price. You are under no legal obligation to accept bounties. But if you accept a bounty, you commit to debate with your best efforts, earnestly, honestly, and with civility consistent with our Member Rules.
2. Contracting with Sponsors. When you accept a Bounty, you are entering into a contract directly with the Sponsor(s) and are responsible for debating under the Bounty Terms specified in the Bounty (debate topic, duration, etc.). You are also agreeing to pay applicable fees like Bountable’s service fee and payment partner fee for each debate. Prior to accepting Bounty Terms, you will have a chance to review and accept our Service Fee and an estimate of the Payment Partner Fee. Bountable will deduct the Service Fee and Payment Partner Fee from your bounty payout.
3. Bountable Service Fee. Bountable charges a 5% fee on successful bounties (debates performed per Bounty Terms). Service fees are non-refundable. Bountable reserves the right to change the Service Fees, and will provide Members notice of any fee changes before they become effective. Fee changes will not affect Bounties made prior to the effective date of the fee change.
4. Payment Partner Fee. Boutines are collected by payment providers, who charge a small payment service fee. Each payment provider is its own company, and Bountable isn’t responsible for its performance. We will estimate the payment service fee before you accept a Bounty, however Bountable is not liable for changes in fees from payment partners made after accepting a Bounty’s Terms.
5. Payments. Bounties will be rewarded after fulfillment of Bounty Terms and publication of the debate on Bountable. Bountable can’t guarantee that the amount of funding you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount sponsorship minus fees. Some sponsorships can’t be collected—for instance, when a sponsor’s credit card expires before funding ends, and they don’t provide updated information—which might reduce the amount of funding you get. We will make our best efforts to collect all bounties.
6. Refunds. You may refund individual sponsorships upon request by a Sponsor, but are not obligated.
7. Independence of Debaters. Your relationship with Bountable is that of an independent individual or entity and not an employee, agent, joint venturer, or partner of Bountable, except that Bountable Payments acts as a debate coordinator and payment collection agent as described in the Payments Terms. Bountable does not direct or control the debates you accept, and you agree that you have complete discretion whether and when to debate, and at what price and on what terms.
8. Know Your Legal Obligations. You are responsible for understanding and complying with any laws, rules, regulations, and contracts with third parties. For example, some Debaters have contracts with media companies or their employers that prohibit them from engaging in media appearances or debating without consent. If you have questions about your contracts, you should seek legal advice.
9. Your Responsibilities. You are responsible and liable for your own acts and omissions. You must act with integrity, debate in good faith, treat others with respect, and comply with applicable laws at all times.
10. Assumption of Risk. You agree that you assume the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of the Bountable Platform, or any interaction you have with other Members whether in person or online. You agree that you have had the opportunity to investigate the Bountable Platform and any laws, rules, regulations, or contractual obligations that may be applicable. In the event that a debate is never published due to a violation of our Terms by the other Debater or for any reason, you waive your right to collect the Bounty.
11. Cancellations. If you cancel a debate, or do not participate in an accepted debate by the debate deadline, the Bounty will be cancelled and not be paid out. Bountable may or may not permit you to seek an extension time from the Sponsors, which the Sponsors are under no legal obligation to accept.
12. Taxes. You are responsible for determining and fulfilling your obligations under applicable laws to report collected bounties to your relevant tax authorities.
IV. BOUNTABLE’S ROLE
1. Platform. We offer a platform that enables Members to publish, offer, search for, and post Bounties for debates. We do not and cannot control the conduct of other Members. Bountable is not acting as an agent for any Member.
2. Debate Coordination. We coordinate timing and recording of the debates, but are not responsible for the debate outcomes and do not interfere, direct, coach, influence, or produce the debate. Moreover, Bountable does NOT judge the quality of the debates; guarantee or oversee a Debater’s performance or work; endorse any content Sponsors and Debaters; mediate disputes between and among Sponsors, Debaters, Members and/or third parties relating to the use of the Platform.
3. Compliance. We will work to ensure Members’ compliance with these Terms, Bounty Terms and any applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body.
4. Community Content Moderation. We seek to create a positive environment for debates of public interest. At times, we may encounter content that may violate our Terms or Member Rules. Under such circumstances, we may choose to seek input from our community for community content moderation.
V. MEMBER RULES
We expect all Members to behave responsibly and help keep this a virtual space conducive for productive debate. You agree to follow these rules.
1. Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
2. Don’t lie to people. Do not lie, misrepresent something or someone, or pretend to be someone else. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
3. Don’t be disrespectful. Act with integrity and treat others with respect. Be polite and respectful when you communicate or interact with others.
4. Don’t offer prohibited items. Don’t offer bounties that are illegal, encourage violence, violate any of Bountable’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation. Bounties should be for non-violent debates.
5. Don’t harm or victimize anyone. Don’t make statements or do anything that incites violence, is physically threatening, inappropriate, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, inflammatory, or invasive of another person’s privacy. Don’t dox.
6. Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
7. Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Bountable or another party).
8. Don’t abuse other users’ personal information.
9. Don’t mess with our system. Do not scrape, hack, reverse engineer, compromise or impair the Bountable Platform
● Don’t try to interfere or damage with the proper workings or performance of Bountable.
● Don’t hack, avoid, remove, impair, or otherwise attempt to circumvent any of Bountable’s security or technological measures.
● Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Bountable or another party.
● Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
● Do not use bots, crawlers, scrapers, or other algorithms to access or collect data or other content from or otherwise interact with Bountable
● Don’t take apart, decipher, decompile, disassemble,or reverse engineer any aspect of Bountable
10. Don’t claim to be an agent or employee of Bountable. Do not use the name, logo, branding, or trademarks of Bountable or others without permission. Do not use or register any domain name, social media handle, trade name, trademark, branding, logo, or other source identifier that may be confused with Bountable branding.
11. Reporting Violations. If you believe that a Member has violated our Rules, you should report your concerns to Bountable. Members agree to cooperate with and assist Bountable in good faith, and to provide Bountable with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Bountable with respect to any investigation undertaken by Bountable regarding the use or abuse of the Bountable Platform.
12. Member Violations. If (i) you breach these Terms or our Mission (ii) you violate applicable laws, regulations, or third-party rights, (iii) you threaten the safety or rights of Bountable, Members or third parties or (iv) Bountable believes it is reasonably necessary to protect Bountable, its Members, or third parties; Bountable may, with or without prior notice and without liability or explanation:
● Suspend, limit your access, or cancel your use of the Bountable Platform and/or your account;
● Suspend, unpublish, or remove your Debates or other Content, in part or in whole;
● Cancel or remove your sponsorships or bounties
For minor violations or where otherwise appropriate as Bountable determines in its sole discretion, you will be given notice of any intended measure by Bountable and an opportunity to resolve the issue.
VI. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
1. Setting up an Account. You may be asked to register an account to access and use many features of Bountable. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that violate anyone’s rights. You must be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. You represent and warrant that you are not a person or entity barred from using the Bountable under the laws of the United States, your place of residence, or any other applicable jurisdiction. You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during registration, If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age. If you find out that someone has used your account without your permission, or impersonating you, you should report it to [email protected]
2. Maintaining your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account credentials and may not disclose your credentials to any third party. You are responsible and liable for activities conducted through your account and must immediately notify Bountable if you suspect that your credentials have been lost, stolen, or your account is otherwise compromised. If and as permitted by applicable law, we may, but have no obligation to (i) ask you to provide identification or other information, (ii) undertake checks designed to help verify your identity or background, and (iii) screen you against third-party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers.
3. Deleting Your Account. You may terminate this agreement at any time by sending us an e-mail or by deleting your account. But doing so won’t automatically cancel a bounty you have Sponsored or a debate you have performed. However, if you delete your account after accepting Bounty Terms but before your debate, the debate will be cancelled and Sponsors will be refunded. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site.
1. Warranty Disclaimer. We provide Bountable and all Content “as is” without warranty of any kind and we disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. For example: (i) we do not endorse or warrant the conduct, performance, quality, legality or suitability of any Sponsor, Debater, Member or third party; (ii) we do not warrant the performance or non-interruption of the Bountable Platform; and (iii) we do not warrant that verification, identity or background checks conducted on Members (if any) will identify past misconduct or prevent future misconduct.
2. Indemnification. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend (at Bountable’s option), indemnify, and hold Bountable (including Bountable Payments, other affiliates, and their personnel) harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) your breach of these Terms (including any supplemental or additional terms that apply to a product or feature) (ii) your improper use of the Bountable Platform, (iii) your interaction with any Member, (iv) your failure, or our failure at your direction, to accurately report, collect or remit Taxes, or (v) your breach of any laws, regulations or third party rights such as intellectual property or privacy rights. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
3. Limitation of Liability. Neither Bountable (including its affiliates and personnel) nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Bountable Platform or any Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with (i) these Terms, (ii) the use of or inability to use the Bountable Platform or any Content, (iii) any communications, interactions, debates or meetings you may have with someone you interact or meet with through, or as a result of, your use of the Bountable Platform. Except for our obligation to transmit collected payments to Debaters under these Terms, in no event will Bountable’s aggregate liability for any claim or dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, your interaction with any Members, or your use of or inability to use the Bountable Platform exceed one hundred U.S. dollars.
VIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
1. Initial Dispute Resolution. We at Bountable encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue before resorting to the courts. We are available by email at [email protected] to address any concerns you may have regarding your use of the Bountable Platform. Most concerns may be quickly resolved in this manner. The parties agree to use best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations with us, before initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
2. United States Governing Law and Venue. If you reside or have your place of establishment in the United States, these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Wyoming and the United States of America, without regard to conflict-of-law provisions. Judicial proceedings that are excluded from the arbitration agreement below must be brought in state or federal court in Wyoming, unless we both agree to some other location. You and we both consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in Wyoming.
3. Legal Disputes and Arbitration Agreement for users in the United States and Canada. If an agreed upon solution is not reached through informal dispute resolution within a period of thirty (30) days, then either party may initiate binding arbitration to formally resolve claims. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service (including their formation, performance, and breach), the parties’ relationship with each other, and/or your use of the Bountable Platform will be finally settled by binding arbitration administered by AAA, in accordance with the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules https://www.adr.org/, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. Each party will have the right to use legal counsel in connection with arbitration at its own expense. The parties will select a single neutral arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, will have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of these Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of these Terms of Service is void or voidable. Either party may elect to appear at the arbitration by phone or, if mutually agreed, to conduct it online, in lieu of appearing live. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award will be in writing and provide a statement of the essential findings and conclusions, will be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The interpretation and enforcement of these Terms of Service will be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
4. Class Action and Class Arbitration Waiver. The parties each further agree that any arbitration will be conducted in our respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and each expressly waives its respective right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above will be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties will be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
5. Exception: Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding the parties’ agreement to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction and on an individual (non-class) basis only.
6. Use Outside of the United States. Bountable expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Bountable Platform complies with all applicable laws and regulations outside of the United States. If you use the Bountable Platform outside of the United States, you expressly understand and agree that you are responsible for determining compliance with different laws, regulations, or customs that may apply in connection with your use of the Bountable Platform.
IX. CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Parts of the Bountable Platform enable you to create and participate in debates, create bounties, provide feedback, reviews, likes, votes, text, photos, audio, video, information, and other content submitted, generated, produced or displayed on the platform (collectively, “Content”). By providing Content, in whatever form and through whatever means, you grant Bountable a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable license to copy, use, modify, exercise, commercialize, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publish and otherwise exploit, that Content, without limitation.
2. Content made available through the Bountable Platform is protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of the United States and other countries. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights for that Content are the exclusive property of Bountable and/or its licensors and agree that you will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices. You may not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit any Content accessed through the Bountable Platform except as expressly permitted in these Terms. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Bountable grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to (i) download and use the Application on your personal device(s); and (ii) access and view the Content made available on or through the Bountable Platform and accessible to you, solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
3. You are solely responsible for all Content that you provide. Bountable will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
4. You warrant that you either own all Content that you provide or are authorized to grant Bountable the rights described in these Terms. You are responsible and liable if any of your Content violates or infringes the intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party. Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material. If Bountable or its users exploit or make use of any Content you provide, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
5. You grant Bountable the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content. You agree that Bountable may make available services or automated tools to translate Content and that your Content may be translated using such services or tools. Bountable does not guarantee the accuracy or quality of translations and Members are responsible for confirming the accuracy of such translations.
6. If you believe that Content on the Bountable Platform infringes copyrights, please notify us in accordance with our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be copyright infringement, and to terminate accounts for repeat infringers.
7. Bountable grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both Bountable’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from Bountable. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
1. Term. The agreement between you and Bountable reflected by these Terms is effective when you access the Bountable Platform (for example to create an account) and remains in effect until either you or we terminate the agreement in accordance with these Terms.
2. Termination. Bountable may terminate this agreement and your account for any reason by giving you notice via email or using any other contact information you have provided for your account. Bountable may also terminate this agreement immediately and without notice and stop providing access to the Bountable Platform if you breach these Terms, you violate our Policies, you violate applicable laws, or we believe termination is necessary to protect Bountable, its Members, or third parties. If your access to or use of the Bountable Platform has been limited, or your Bountable account has been suspended, or this agreement has been terminated by us, you may not register a new account or access or use the Bountable Platform through an account of another Member. For account cancelations, we will let the account holder know the reasons for this action and how they can remedy any issues (where appropriate), unless we’re prohibited from doing so by law or in the interest of safety or we’re canceling for reasons related to illicit or inappropriate content, counterfeiting, fraud, malware, spam, data breaches, other cybersecurity risks.
3. Legal Mandates. Bountable may take any action it determines is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, or the order or request of a court, law enforcement, or other administrative agency or governmental body.
4. Survival. Parts of these Terms that by their nature survive termination, will survive termination of this agreement, including Sections 8 through 10. These Terms and will continue to apply even if you stop using the Bountable Platform or terminate your Bountable account.
5. Modification. We may change these terms. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes by notifying you on the Site. We will post the revised Terms on the Bountable Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. New terms will not apply retroactively. If you disagree with the revised Terms, you may terminate this agreement immediately as provided in these Terms. If you continue to use Bountable after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
6. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
7. Entire Agreement. These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Bountable with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Bountable with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon anyone other than you and Bountable. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. Where the word “will” is used in these Terms it connotes an obligation with the same meaning as “shall.”
8. No Waiver. Bountable’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
9. Assignment. You may not assign, transfer or delegate this agreement or your rights and obligations hereunder without Bountable's prior written consent. Bountable may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate this agreement and any rights and obligations hereunder, at its sole discretion. Bountable will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.
10. Notice. Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to Members permitted or required under this agreement, will be provided electronically and given by Bountable via email, Bountable Platform notification. You agree and acknowledge that such notifications via electronic means in lieu of a written statement.
11. Third-Party Services. The Bountable Platform may contain links to third-party websites, applications, services or resources (“Third-Party Services”) that are subject to different terms and privacy practices. Bountable is not responsible or liable for any aspect of such Third-Party Services and links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement. Bountable partners with other companies, including but not limited to Stripe for payment processing, YouTube, Google, Apple and Twitter. When you back, create or participate in a debate, you’re also agreeing to our partner’s relevant terms of service.
12. Force Majeure. Bountable shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, pandemics, epidemics or disease, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.